Say goodbye to your normal sugary cereal and feast on these light and fluffy protein packed pancakes.
We all know starting the day with the right breakfast is essential, but between gym sessions, the daily commute and early work meetings it can be hard to find time to eat well.
So we asked Australian celebrity personal trainer Tim Robards for his go-to recipe for a fast protein hit.
“I usually go for something quick and easy like cacao protein pancakes,” says Tim.
- 2 scoops Pure Warrior vanilla protein powder
- 2 heaped tbs of almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tsp of stevia or monk fruit natural sweetener
- 1/4 cup cacao chips or dark chocolate (above 70 per cent cocoa)
- Mix ingredients together until batter is formed (warning, it will be thick!).
- Pour onto non-stick pan and flip once the top starts to bubble.
- Serve with fresh blueberries.
- This recipe will make about seven pancakes, which can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave or using a fry pan.
This material was produced by Swisse.