Easter doesn’t have to be an unhealthy indulgence. Here are some guilt-free recipes that everyone will love.
The boys behind Green Press juices, brothers Miles and James, have been spreading the healthy food message throughout Melbourne since 2013.
Not only have they created lots of delicious and healthy juices but, like Swisse, they have a mission to make people healthy and happy.
One way that they preach the wellness message is through healthy recipes like this one for raw, vegan Easter chocolate. Check it out!
- 1 cup raw cacao butter or organic unrefined extra virgin coconut oil (or use a combination of both)
- 1/2 cup Swisse Organic Raw Cacao Superfood Powder (a bit more for a richer flavour or a bit less for a milder flavour)
- 3 tablespoons of brown rice syrup (add more or less depending on taste preferences)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Melt cacao butter or coconut oil in a bowl sitting above a pot of boiling water on the lowest stove temperature (double boiler). If you are lucky enough to live in the tropics you can probably skip this step.
- Take off the heat and add in the Swisse Organic Raw Cacao Superfood Powder and whisk to mix.
- Slowly add in rice malt syrup and sea salt to taste.
- Whisk quickly to ensure the sweetener mixes into the fats (oil/butter) or use a blender for this step.
- Pour into moulds or onto a tray and pop into the fridge or freezer to set and store. Keep in the fridge/freezer until consuming.
Variety is the spice of life
Outshine the Easter Bunny's visit to your house this year by adding the following flavour flourishes to the above recipe:
- Raspberry Ripe: Add a handful of fresh or frozen raspberries and 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Vanilla, Fig and Cardamom: Add 2-3 thinly sliced fresh figs, ½ teaspoon organic vanilla powder (or extract), ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom powder.
- Salted Caramel: Add ½ cup chopped fresh Medjool dates and sea salt flakes.
Thanks to the team at Green Press for this tasty recipe. We absolutely love it! For more delicious and healthy kitchen inspiration, check out our recipe archive.
This material was produced by Swisse.